The mission of the Local Economic and Social Development Agency here in Alicante, what we do, why we do it, how we do it and for whom, is to fulfil our remit as an independent body run by the City Council for promoting development and economic policy in the city. In practical terms, our mission is:
- To drive forward economic development in the municipal area.
- To promote a process of social, cultural and training revitalisation that fosters new business creation and, consequently, new jobs.
- To promote and develop suitable training for providing people with the right skills to get a job, in line with the real needs of companies in the local area.
- To promote integration into the workplace for groups with greater problems. ALDES 2012- 2015 Strategic Plan
- To support consolidation and partnership between companies.
- To promote the supply of industrial land and invest in economic sectors that are beneficial for the municipal area.
- To promote and manage territorial employment agreements.
Download the Local Agency statutes